Friday, February 29, 2008

Just a little piece of the puzzle


I have been reading the book A New Earth. Yes, I jumped on the Oprah bandwagon and decided that it would be fun to be part of the biggest book club meeting ever! I have to admit, this is a hard read. I started the book and found that my mind was really wandering and had to start over. I am only to page 57 but something started to happening that I wanted to share with you.

The part of the book that I am at talks a lot about ego. How our ego is that little voice in our head that never seems to turn off. It causes us to over think things; spending time and energy trying to work through every situation. Eckhart Tolle gives us little exercises to do to just "be". This is the awareness of being a living thing. An awareness of being a life force. Heavy stuff.

So, I do the exercises. I focus on my hands....with my little voice in my head telling me how stupid this is. Never the less I just try to feel. Okay, I get the tingling in my hands and the voice in my head gets softer. How this is going to help me find my life purpose I have no idea, but I'm hanging in there.

When I get in the car, I put the top down. It is the first day that we have had glorious sun in so very long. My mind is completely quiet. I am just enjoying the feeling of the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. About 20 minutes later, it occurs to me that I was just "being". I was experiencing pure and complete bliss. I can't tell you how happy that made me feel.

As I was pulling into my neighborhood there was a couple walking and they stepped into the street just as I was making the turn. I just stopped and gave them a big smile. I mean, I feel great in this moment. Why not spread the feeling around. They both gave me big waves and smiles. It was an Ah Ha moment.

The positive energy that we create by "being" in our lives is actually just a little piece of the puzzle. Our positive energy flows to someone else and then their positive energy flows to someone else and then their positive energy flows to someone else. See how we can affect things on a greater level just by following our own bliss?

No comments: